m o v e

6:00 AM



you may feel like you've been walking for ages
and the road, it doesn't end.
you may think you've accomplished nothing
and the list, it keeps going on.

your feet may have callouses
from the miles you've tread
and your bones may ache
from holding your weight for so long.
your eyes may be sore
your jaw may ache
and you may fear
it is all for nothing.

because when you look back
you recognize the terrain
and you might realize that
this whole time you've been walking
you haven't really gotten very far.
your steps have been too small
to cover much ground
and you've only made it
a couple of yards.

and when you see how much you've done
how little ground you've covered
you might throw up your hands in despair
because it wasn't worth it--those tiny steps
it wasn't worth it.

but wasn't it?

where would you be now
if you hadn't tried?
where would you be now
if you hadn't taken those little steps?
small, though they may be,
those steps are still steps
and steps carry you forward.
you cannot move
and stay where you are.

you may be slogging through mud
and your bones may scream
that's enough!
your eyes may protest,
it's not worth it!
and your lungs may heave,
give up!

but look at the ground you've covered.
it may not be much
but it's something.
and do you know where you'd be
if you hadn't moved?
you'd be right back where you started.


~~~

Hey guys! How are you all doing? This installment of Hannah's Nano-Poems is short once again. I'm behind on nano but I'm determined to catch up this weekend. And I now have significantly more of a plotline? About 1/2? Mayyyybe 2/3? Anywho, I've made some progress, which is nice. And, as stated above, every step counts, no matter how small.

How are you guys doing? Talk to me peeps! Are you behind? Hit the 50k? Do you have any other goals this month apart from the nano standard?

<3

You Might Also Like

9 comments

  1. Once again, beautiful. <3 And so inspiring!

    I'm glad you have some idea of your plot now! I still need to figure out the latter half of my book, since I'm running out of scene ideas. xD But we can do it!!! :D

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ahw, thanks friend! <3 And YASSS, I BELIEVE IN US!

      Delete
  2. Oh my goodness I love this so, so much. ❤️

    ReplyDelete
  3. THIS WAS SO AMAZING AAAAAHHH. I love it so much *hugs all the words*

    ReplyDelete
  4. HANNAH THIS IS SO BEAUTIFUL. I don't know how I didn't see this until now?? but you have such an insane talent with words and I'm so glad you chose to share them with us. <3

    ReplyDelete
  5. aww I love this poem! Even more so because I went for a super long run this morning and I'm exhausted haha.😂 AHEM. I know it's a metaphorical run though *nods sagely* Anyway, I hope you catch up your writing goals!! I have finished, but my book is a definite pile of trash.😂I'm looking forward to editing it next year though.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I need to hear these words more often! There have been so many times I've given up on things and I wish I didn't because I would probably be so far if I hadn't. Beautiful words, so thank you for sharing them <3

    ReplyDelete
  7. Often I feel like I'm not making any progress, because while I write 1k on a really good day, other people can write 50k in half a month. And my total looks so tiny compared to theirs. Thank you, Hannah, for this reminder that no matter how tiny, all steps will get us further along than we were.

    (And now I've had my deep little thoughts, I have to admit that if I'd written a sINGLE WORD over the last week, my situation wouldn't be so bad. WHY DID I DO THIS. ahaha *dies*)
    - Jem Jones

    ReplyDelete

Comments bring us happiness and warm fuzzies, so please share your thoughts! Stan and I want everyone to be welcome, so we ask that you be kind and courteous and use nice language.

Popular Posts